Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stitch and Rip



Finally got going on Ivy's quilt. I love pinwheels, so I decided on a pinwheel using this neat batik with solids to go with. Where I got into trouble was when I decided to set them on point. Always a challenge, because of the stretch that you get with the bias.
So after I put the quilt together and pressed it out, I saw that the edges were a full inch longer than the center. Yes, you're supposed to be more careful when you measure out your borders, but I was in a hurry. Grrr. Not a good thing. That means today is rip out the borders day, and I'm going to adjust the lengths and try to ease in the fullness. I like the way the triangles push down into the dark border, to add a little more interest. But I only did a couple, to reduce the amount of piecing.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun. :) The batik is beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that design, and the blues with the brown. I also like how the blue is pushing into the border.

    Did you get it done?

    ReplyDelete